By Laura Finley
Using old and present examples from movie, tv, literature, ads, and tune, this ebook finds the ways in which rape and abuse are usually presented—and misrepresented—and evaluates the influence of those depictions on consumers.
• Addresses either confident and destructive depictions of family abuse and sexual attack from fresh pop culture, using examples from movie, tv, literature, tune, ads, and more
• provides info that's excellent for undergraduate classes in gender stories, sociology, and psychology in addition to communications and pop culture classes
• makes use of the most up-tp-date study on courting and household and sexual violence to obviously show the significance of the way those concerns and crimes are depicted in renowned culture
• presents a accomplished appendix of extra assets that directs scholars in investigating the subject further
Read Online or Download Domestic Abuse and Sexual Assault in Popular Culture PDF
Similar violence in society books
This publication focuses upon the breaking of ideas and taboos considering 'doing crime', together with violent crime as represented in fictive texts and ethnographic study. It comprises chapters on themes of pressing modern curiosity reminiscent of asylum seekers, intercourse paintings, serial killers, university shooters, crimes of poverty and understandings of 'madness'.
This exacting learn examines the theatre, movie and activism engaged with the illustration or participation of asylum seekers and refugees within the twenty-first century. Cox indicates how this paintings has been knowledgeable via and certainly contributed to the consolidation of ‘irregular’ noncitizenship as a cornerstone thought in modern Australian political and social lifestyles, to the level that it has develop into very unlikely to visualize what Australia capability with out it.
This three-volume set examines quite a few methods to firearms, together with constitutional and felony matters, public health and wellbeing and felony justice matters, and views on own protection and self-defense. • Considers a wide selection of coverage ideas, from advocating higher firearm possession and wearing between inner most voters to feedback for extra obstacles on gun acquisition and possession• positive factors ancient heritage at the improvement of the current function that firearms play in American society• Examines contemporary traits within the possession of varied kinds of firearms• demanding situations the adequacy of history exams and granting of firearm entry• Compares gun-related injuries and firearm coverage one of the states
Traditional knowledge portrays warfare zones as chaotic and anarchic. in truth, although, they can be orderly. This paintings introduces a brand new phenomenon within the examine of civil struggle: wartime social order. It investigates theoretically and empirically the emergence and functioning of social order in clash zones.
- Civil Society, Conflict and Violence (CIVICUS Global Study of Civil Society Series)
- Gun Violence and Public Life
- Lavoro, mercato, istituzioni. Scritti in onore di Gian Primo Cella (Italian Edition)
- Genocide at the Dawn of the Twenty-First Century: Rwanda, Bosnia, Kosovo, and Darfur
Additional resources for Domestic Abuse and Sexual Assault in Popular Culture
Domestic Abuse and Sexual Assault in Popular Culture by Laura Finley